AGM now 20th July, Arrowtown 2013.
The Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust will be having it’s Annual General Meeting on the 20th July in Arrowtown. 10am At the Arrowtown Volunteer Fire Brigade rooms2 Hertford Street.
Important – we will be looking to change our constitution, clause 24, that stipulates we must hold the AGM within 3 months of the end of the financial year. The amended clause will stipulate we have 6 Months from the end of April to hold our AGM’s so that we might move them to September and not have to meet in the dead of winter! (After the end of our financial year we still need to wait for the books to be audited before we can meet – hence meetings are currently held near the end of June –mid July.)
The OGHT is always looking for keen members to join our committee. If you think you would be interested in contributing to the ongoing success of the Trust please do consider putting your name forward. If you would like to talk this over then don’t hesitate to contact any member of the current committee or contact the President, Martin Anderson on 03 445 0611, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to bring non-member friends along to the field weekend associated with the AGM – details below.
AGM and field weekend in Arrowtown itinerary:
Saturday 20th July 2013
– 10am meet at Arrowtown Volunteer Fire Brigade rooms 2 Hertford Street for morning tea
– 10.30am Annual General Meeting
– 12pm Lunch ($15)
– 12.40pm A brief presentation from honorary life member Dr John Hall-Jones about his recent travels up the Nile.
– 1pm Walk around Arrowtown hosted by the Queenstown Historical Society
– 3pm afternoon tea ($5) and Presentation by Queenstown Historical Society ‘People From Our Past’ cemetery talks (with slideshow)
– 6pm Dinner at Jonesys Cafe and Restaurant. 2 course buffet. ($30)
– 7.30pm Guest Speaker Greg Lind from the Wakatipu head office of the Department of Conservation and the newly formed Wakatipu Heritage Trust.
Sunday 21st July 2013
– 9am Tour of the Lakes District Museum by curator
– 10.15am 4WD tour to ‘Sculls Tunnel’ with Nomad Safaris includes morning tea, fully guided tour. ($75)
Total cost including admin fee, Sat morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, Dinner, Sundays 4WD tour and morning tea = $135
Arrowtown Born of Gold Holiday Park seems the obvious accommodation choice. They have studio units for $120 or Bunk rooms from $25-$30 (bring your own sleeping bag)… all nice and modern (warm!). Ph 03 442 1876 www.arrowtownholidaypark.co.nz/accommodation.html
For other accommodation options in Arrowtown see www.arrowtown.com/accommodation/
Click the links below for official documents: